Contests I don't enter:
- Ones that don't specify who it's open to. I'm Canadian and don't want to waste my time if the contest is only open to the US which is sometimes the case.
- A product I'm simply on interested in.
- The ways to enter are confusing or convoluted.
- One with lots of mandatory entries. I don't mind following or checking out a website but that's about it.
Contests I don't run on my blog:
- I am new to blogging and giveaways so I haven't been too picky yet. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving something of bad quality away though obviously.
- Any products I am not interested in or don't fit with my theme of baby/children/mommy.
- Anyone that won't ship to Canada...doesn't make sense for me to even bother.
- Also not a big fan of lots of instructions for a small prize. I think that the followers/traffic gained though has to be considered a certain amount of compensation as well rather than just looking at monetary rewards for the blogger or giveaway winner. A certain amount of cross promotion exists and that has great value for bloggers.